Rotorua Airport is conveniently located only 10 minutes from Rotorua's CBD on State Highway 30. Set on over 100 hectares of land the Airport complex is home to 25 different aviation businesses including scenic flight operators, agricultural top dressing operations, a café and retail outlets as well as a range of private hangars.
Rotorua Airport is 100% owned by the Rotorua Lakes Council and operates as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) with an independent board.
Rotorua Airport hosts 265,000+ passengers a year with daily direct Air New Zealand services between Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. The airport can cater for domestic jets, as well as trans-Tasman charter flights through a fully enabled MPI and Custom Clearance facility.
Statements of Intent
Facility services available at Rotorua Airport include:
- Terrace Airside Cafe and Relay Convenience shop
- Free Wi-Fi for all passengers available throughout terminal
- Bike assembly area and complimentary bike box storage available
- Meeting rooms and board room available for hire
Transportation options available for delegates include:
- Rental car service counters - Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar and Thrifty service counters onsite
- Public buses - City Ride & Naked bus
- Taxis and Airport Shuttles - Rotorua Taxis and Super Shuttles
- New long term and short term parking options available if required.
Visit the airport website for directions to the airport, updates on arrivals and departures, and other airport information.