Terms and Conditions
The campaign will run for six weeks starting on Friday 15 October 2021 until Friday 26 November 2021.
Prize draws every two weeks on Fridays, first draw 29 October 2021, last draw 26 November 2021.
- 10 x Anker mini bluetooth speakers
- 1 x Apple AirPods
- 1 x Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro
Must be a Rotorua resident or have an interest in a property or business in Rotorua.
RLC employees and families are excluded from the competition.
Terms and conditions
From time to time, Rotorua Lakes Council, (“RLC”) will run Giveaways through its channels to encourage participation, readership and engagement with citizens and residents.
As part of RLC’s initiative to encourage the use of email addresses for sending business correspondence, RLC is offering to give away prizes when completed forms are returned and email contact addresses are provided.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to this Giveaway. By entering this Giveaway, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following general Terms and Conditions:
- All information on how to enter and eligibility for prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering the Giveaway entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Organiser is Rotorua Lakes Council, (“RLC”) 1061 Haupapa St., Rotorua 3046, New Zealand (“Organiser”).
- Entry is open to Rotorua residents and/ or those who receive business correspondence from Rotorua Lakes Council. RLC employees and families are excluded from the competition.
- The Giveaway runs from the period stated on the attached flyer (‘Giveaway Period’). Entries received after the specified closing date of 26 November 2021 will not be accepted for the purposes of the competition.
- The Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram / Facebook. The entrant provides their information to RLC and not to Instagram / Facebook.
- Entries that include partial information, or are submitted by or through dishonest means, fraud or other illegal activity, or entries not complying with these terms and conditions, are invalid.
- The Prize draws will take place at Rotorua Lakes Council, or if Covid-19 restrictions demand, then the draw will be carried out remotely. The winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period, following which the winners will be contacted via email.
- If a winner does not wish to accept the Prize or if contact cannot be made with a winner within 2 days of the draw, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize an RLC will draw a new winner.
- If any advertised Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, RLC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. These terms and conditions must be read subject to those statutory provisions and will not affect any statutory rights that an entrant may have in relation to the return of a prize.
- RLC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Giveaway or any part of the Giveaway if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond RLC’s reasonable control adversely affects RLC’s ability to conduct the Giveaway or part of the Giveaway as contemplated in these terms and conditions. Any cancellation or modification to the Giveaway will be notified on RLC’s website.
- RLC takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete registrations or entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures, failures of computer equipment or software, inability to access telecommunications, network services, corruption of any format holding an entry, failure of a winner to collect the Prize or any other error or malfunction.
- RLC’s decisions on all matters relating to this Giveaway are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand.
- The Promoter will collect; use; store; allow access to and correct personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. Personal information would be disclosed strictly in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 2020.