RLC utility as-built drawings are the final set of drawings produced at the completion of a construction project showing water, stormwater and wastewater connections. These as-builts are now available for users to be downloaded onto mobile devices. As-built drawings for mobile devices.
Instructions for ease of use are outlined below.
Note: for optimum performance, your device should be loaded with Adobe® Reader. This reader can be downloaded for free from any device’s app store. If you encounter problems refer to your devices user manual and/or online forums.
Loading Mobile As-builts
- Download either the whole set of plans in .zip format, then unzip the folder on your desktop or download individual files to your desktop.
- Plug device into the computer through the USB port.
- Depending on your device, a window may open that contains a folder named “Phone” or similar. If this fails to happen go to My Computer and find the device. Locate the folder called “Documents” in the phone folder.
- Find the folder that you saved the as-built files to in Step 1
- Copy (right-click/copy, or Ctrl+C) these files and paste (right-click/paste, or Ctrl+V) them into the “Documents” folder in Step 3. Disconnect the device once the files have transferred.
Note: if you are updating the files, you will be prompted here. You need to click ‘replace all’.
- Find the files on your mobile device:
- For Windows devices such as the Nokia Lumia, go to menu, then “Office”, then click the magnifying glass to search through all documents. For help, click here
- For Android devices such as the Samsung S4, go to menu, then “my files”. For help, click here
- For Mac devices, such as the iPhone, document storage can vary, and it is best to consult with your user manual and/or online forums.
Navigating As-builts on Mobile Phone
To zoom in:
Begin with fingers together on the screen, and pull your fingers apart. The screen will zoom depending on the distance between your fingers.
To zoom out:
Begin with your fingers apart on the screen and ‘pinch’ them together. The screen will zoom depending on the distance between your fingers.
|Step 3||When you have zoomed into an area, tap in the square of the particular as-built you wish to see|
There are several navigations whilst on the as-built page itself:
The yellow areas (shown in picture for clarity) on the border of the as-built link to the adjacent as-built. It is better to zoom in, as the click must be between the blue and black lines.
By clicking in the corner, you can link to as-builts on the diagonal.
If no as-built exists where you click, you will just stay on the current as-built.
By clicking anywhere in the pink area (shown for clarity), you will be returned to the index.