RLC utility as-built drawings are the final set of drawings produced at the completion of a construction project showing water, stormwater and wastewater connections. These as-builts are now available for users to be downloaded onto mobile devices. As-built drawings for mobile devices.
Instructions for ease of use are outlined below.
Note: for optimum performance, your device should be loaded with Adobe Reader. This reader can be downloaded for free from any device's app store. If you encounter problems refer to your devices user manual and/or online forums.
Loading Mobile As-builts
- Download either the whole set of plans in .zip format, then unzip the folder on your desktop or download individual files to your desktop.
- Plug device into the computer through the USB port.
- Depending on your device, a window may open that contains a folder named Phone or similar. If this fails to happen go to My Computer and find the device. Locate the folder called Documents in the phone folder.
- Find the folder that you saved the as-built files to in Step 1
- Copy (right-click/copy, or Ctrl+C) these files and paste (right-click/paste, or Ctrl+V) them into the Documents folder in Step 3. Disconnect the device once the files have transferred.Note: if you are updating the files, you will be prompted here. You need to click replace all'.
- Find the files on your mobile device:
- For Windows devices such as the Nokia Lumia, go to menu, then Office, then click the magnifying glass to search through all documents. For help, click here
- For Android devices such as the Samsung S4, go to menu, then my files. For help, click here
- For Mac devices, such as the iPhone, document storage can vary, and it is best to consult with your user manual and/or online forums.
Navigating As-builts on Mobile Phone
When you press on the as-built book you wish to view, this will take you to the index page
To zoom in:
To zoom out:
|Step 3||When you have zoomed into an area, tap in the square of the particular as-built you wish to see|
There are several navigations whilst on the as-built page itself:
The yellow areas (shown in picture for clarity) on the border of the as-built link to the adjacent as-built. It is better to zoom in, as the click must be between the blue and black lines.
|Note:To take a screenshot, eg zoomed in area, press the power button and the windows' button (bottom and centre of the phone) at the same time. The image is stored in your pictures under screenshots'.|