Stormwater Connections and Disconnections
Applying for a new connection
- Submit a completed stormwater connection application to Council.
- Enclose a site plan of your property, showing the preferred location of the connection and measurements to the nearest boundary.
- Enclose the administration fee. An administration fee is not charged when an existing service connection is available at the property. For more information see water, wastewater and stormwater fees and charges
- Council will assess your application within five days of receipt.
After the connection is approved
You will receive written approval including a list of approved stormwater contractors and any other necessary documentation. You may then obtain quotations and/ or engage a contractor.
Costs and timeframes
The cost of the connection will depend on the work involved. You need to arrange payment directly with your contractor.
If work is required inside the road corridor, the approved contractor must apply for a corridor access request via beforeudig.co.nz to obtain a Works Access Permit (WAP) before work can commence. This can take up to 15 days from the date of application.
Applying for a Disconnection
A Request for Service Disconnection' form is required for all Service Disconnections, i.e. All or any service no longer required due to demolition or removal of a building, subdivision or redevelopment.
- Submit a completed Request for Service Disconnection form to Council.
- Council will process the request within five days of receipt.
- You will receive an approval notice together with any supporting documentation that may be required.
- You are then able to arrange the work to be done directly with your contractor.
- Capped ends are to be inspected by a Rotorua Lakes Council compliance engineer.