Rotorua landfill transfer station
- Monday to Saturday: 7:30am - 4:30pm (Vehicles are not permitted to go into the landfill from 4:25pm)
- Sunday and Public Holidays: 9:30am - 4:30pm (Vehicles are not permitted to go into the landfill from 4:25pm)
- Christmas Day and Good Friday: Closed
Green waste can be disposed at the landfill refuse transfer station.
The following is permissible as green waste:
- Garden waste - Grass clippings, tree and shrub pruning, branches
- Wood waste - Only 100% recyclable untreated wood waste
- Ponga - Considered green waste
- Gorse - Considered green waste
The following is not considered as green waste:
- Bamboo - A pest species and can regrow from cut-offs.
- Untreated Timber - Not considered green waste, but can left in the recovery area for reuse
- Soil / Dirt - Not classified as green waste
- Flax - Flax is incredibly strong and damages processing machines
A small amount of household hazardous waste can be disposed of at the Rotorua landfill refuse transfer station, and must be declared to Waste Management staff on arrival.
This includes items such as garden sprays, cleaners, paints, glues, batteries and other household chemicals. (Fuel is not accepted.) These items are deemed hazardous and cannot be disposed of in your rubbish bin.
Large volumes of hazardous waste or commercial waste is not accepted at the landfill refuse transfer station, and should be disposed of at a licensed hazardous waste service provider.
For testing or disposal of Asbestos you will need to contact a private removal company.
Pricing for Rotorua Landfill RTS effective 1 July 2022 is tabled below, all prices include GST.
|Car / Station Wagon||$23.50|
|Single Axle Trailer / Van / Ute (up to 250kg)||$58||Over 250kg - tonne rate applies|
|General Truck - Per Tonne||$230.40||Minimum charge $58|
|Green Waste / Wood waste|
|Car / Station Wagon||$11|
|Single Axle Trailer / Van / Ute||$20||Over 350kgs - tonne rate applies|
|General Truck - Per Tonne||$55||Minimum charge $20|
|All vehicles to be weighed - Per Tonne||$55|
|Test Weigh Only|
Waste Management reserves the right to weigh any vehicle in and out of the landfill and charge per tonne when appropriate (including domestic single axle and tandem trailers). Household hazardous waste must be declared to site staff on arrival.
The landfill payment kiosk can accept:
- Credit Card
Coupons are no longer sold.