How to use the wheelie bin service
Your kerbside collection day
This year, Christmas does not affect the kerbside collections. Please put your rubbish and recycling out on your regular collection day. For more information, call 07 348 4199.
You can also check which week your recycling is collected by using the Recycling Calendar. Click here to find the downloadable file.
- The red lid bin for household rubbish will be collected from your kerbside weekly.
- The yellow lid bin for mixed recycling, and blue crate for glass recycling will be collected from your kerbside fortnightly.
What time should I put my bin out?
- Your wheelie bin(s) must be on the kerbside by 7:30am on your collection day. This is the earliest time collection starts in residential areas, and collection routes can change. You are able to put your bin on the kerbside the night before collection.
- If you own a business or live in the CBD, your bin(s) need to be on the kerbside by 5am on your collection day. You are able to put your bin on the kerbside the night before collection.
If you have any issues with your kerbside collection service, here is some information that may help.
- Your wheelie bin lid must be closed properly for collection. Overfilled bins will not be collected. Any excess rubbish can be taken to the landfill. Any excess recycling or glass recycling can be taken to the recycling centre, transfer stations or the recycling section of the landfill transfer refuse station, free of charge.
- Place bins and crates as close to the kerb as possible, about half a metre apart from each other, with the front of the bins facing the road. Leave room for pedestrians to use the footpath, and do not put your bin in driveways or on the road. Please place them away from any parked cars. This makes it much easier for the collection truck to pick them up. If you are not sure how to best place your bins kerbside, call the Customer Centre on 07 348 4199 and they will can advise.
Assisted collection is available for residents who have trouble putting out the wheelie bins each week. To apply or find out more information, give Council's Customer Solutions a call on 07 348 4199.