If you're planning to buy a property or currently own one and want to know more about it, a good place to start is the property file.
What is a property file
A property file is a file that holds information about each property in Rotorua. Each file may contain different information. Some of the more common items you would expect to find include:
- Building Permits /Consents and associated plans
- Project Information Memorandums (PIMS)
- Code of Compliance Certificates
- Subdivision Consents
- Resource Consents
- Drainage Plans (as-builts)
- Building Warrants of Fitness
- Hazard, Caution and Information Notices
- Planning Restrictions
- Planning Certificates of Compliance
Scanned property files are available to public as an online link. This means you'll be able to view the information you need from your own office and home, printing or downloading what you need any time of the day or night.
If you wish to view electronic files at our offices, you may do so using special viewing terminals at council at the Civic Centre, 1061 Haupapa Street, Rotorua.
Ordering a property file
Payment is expected on request of the Property File and if ordering by phone/fax/email, a credit card payment is expected prior to the order being placed. You can order a property file by:
- Completing the form below - a customer advisor will phone you to collect payment via debit/credit card.
- Completing the manual form below and sending it to the Customer Centre (email email@example.com or post to 1061 Haupapa Street, Rotorua 3040).Manual property file order form
- Phone: Contact the Customer Service Centre on 07 348 4199. You can use our credit card facility as your payment option.
- Visit us at Council and order your property file in person.
Fees and charges
|Property file fees and payment options|
|Owner of property - no charge to view file or receive email link||Proof of identity required.Photocopying fees apply when viewing at the council building|
|$25.00||Per property for providing an email link to the property file|
|$20.00||per property to view images on public terminal or to receive 'view only' email link|
Payment is required at the time of ordering the Property File. The Rotorua Lakes Council's payment options are:
- Credit Card - Accepted by phone prior to the order being processed (Amex is not accepted)
- Internet Banking - contact Council for set-up instruction.