Easypay direct debit options
Metered Water Rates are automatically deducted each quarter from your nominated bank account.
Water Rates Direct Debit Form
Online banking and telephone banking
You can use internet or telephone banking to pay your rates and other Rotorua Lakes Council payments.
Please ensure you include your properties valuation number in the Payer Reference field.
Before contacting your bank to set up payments by telephone contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on (07) 348 4199 for the information you need.
- Rotorua Lakes Council should be set up as a bill payee with your bank.
- Certain banks, e.g. ANZ, require you to contact them to set this up and you will need to provide the bank with the Valuation Number from your rates invoice for the applicable property. The bank will have all of the other required details.
- To set up Rotorua Lakes Council for your bill payment:
- Log on to your bank account
- Select your Bill Payment function
- Search for Rotorua Lakes Council, as your Bill Payee. (you do not need the bank account number.)
- Follow the prompts.
- If you experience difficulty with your internet banking set-up contact your bank’s Customer Service 0800 number:
- Note: For multiple properties, it is essential that a separate payment is set up for each property.
- Regular payments are made from your bank account (weekly, fortnightly or monthly).
- You will need to increase the payments from time to time so that they completely clear your instalments and you avoid late payment penalties.
- Contact Council's Customer Service Centre for a form and further information.
BNZ charges a fee, based on the amount paid, for each transaction. Council does not receive any part of this fee. BNZ Credit Card Online Payment Service
Post a cheque to Rotorua Lakes Council, Rotorua Mail Centre, Private Bag 3029, Rotorua 3046.
Be sure to include the tear-off remittance portion of your rates invoice so that we can receipt payment to the correct rates account.
- Pay by cash, EFTPOS or cheque at Council’s Customer Service Centre. To avoid the queues you can use our 'drop-off' boxes located in the Customer Service Centre for your cheque payments.
Back to top