Can I apply for a rates rebate?
What is the maximum Rates Rebate value?
Maximum Rate rebate is $630
What is the level of the Income Threshold?
Maximum Income Abatement Threshold is $25,180
What income do I need to declare?
How do I apply for a rates rebate?
The Rates Rebate scheme is administered by the Department of Internal Affairs, however Rates Rebate applications are processed by local Councils.
If applying between:
|July to October:
|October to June:
What information will I need to bring for my appointment?
For your appointment, you will need to have the following information with you :
- Details of all Gross Income, (BEFORE TAX) – 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 Financial Year
- Personal Tax Summary – Available from Inland Revenue.
Phone 0800 227774. Please note, it can take up to 10 working days before you receive this from the IRD
- Wages & Salary - (Tax Summary from IRD/Employer)
- Work & Income Benefit & Superannuation – (RLC have this earnings information)
- Additional Allowances - Additional to the Benefit e.g. ACCOMMODATION BENEFIT – (From WINZ)
- In work Tax credits, Minimum Family Tax Credits & Parental Tax Credits – (From IRD)
- Gross Interest/Dividends earned between 1 April 2017 To 31 March 2018
- Rental Income/Shares/Overseas Benefits or income
- Your Rates Invoice
- Also, your Environment Waikato rates (if applicable)
- ID - Community Services or Gold Card
Note: If someone else will be attending the appointment on your behalf, please ensure they bring a copy of the Power of Attorney giving them permission to represent you.
My income is over $25,180. Will I be eligible for a rates rebate?
Can I apply for more than one rebate?