So you want to run a raffle?
You may be able to run a raffle in the central business district if you are fundraising for a community, charity, religious or sporting organisation. You need permission from Council for this.
Write to Council’s city services manager enclosing
- the request form, giving the proposed date, time and location
- written permission from the owner of the shop outside which you want to hold the raffle.
- Post the request form to the council address. The applications will be processed by the city services manager.
- Comply with any directions given by Council's inspectors and/or the city services manager.
- Meet all Internal Affairs requirements for raffles.
- Give emergency services unrestricted right of way at all times.
- Make sure that your stall and related equipment do not get in the way of pedestrians.
- Do not use loud-hailing or amplifying equipment to solicit sales.
- Display a notice from start to finish, stating your organisation and the purpose of the raffle.
- At the end of each session, remove all equipment and litter associated with the raffle.
City Services Manager
Rotorua Lakes Council
Private Bag 3029
Rotorua Mail Centre