​So you want to go busking in the central business district?

You need permission from Council for this.
  • Write to Council’s city services manager enclosing The request form, outlining the proposed date, your name, address and phone number (if possible), the type of busking and whether you are an individual or a group. 

     Busking request form (15KB)

  • Written permission from the owner/occupier of the shop outside which you want to busk. 
    Post the request form to the council address.  The applications will be processed by the city services manager.


  • Comply with any directions given by Council's inspectors and/or the city services manager. 
  • Give emergency services unrestricted right of way at all times. 
  • Make sure that you do not get in the way of pedestrians. 
  • At the end of each session, remove all equipment and litter associated with your busking. 
  • If Council receives a justified complaint about the sound level, you will be asked to turn the sound down or to stop busking.

Further information

City Services Manager
Rotorua Lakes Council
Private Bag 3029
Rotorua Mail Centre
Rotorua 3046

P: 07 348 4199 
F: 07 346 3143
E: info@rotorualc.nz  
Page reviewed: 03 Jul 2019 10:12am