Parking Fines and Infringements
A parking enforcement officer will issue an infringement notice when the user of a motor vehicle has committed an offence.
A ticket is legally served when it is:
- Placed under the vehicle's windscreen wiper
- Handed to the driver
- Posted to the last known registered address
If you pay the infringement fee within 28 days of the issue of the notice, Council will not take further action.
Disputing an infringement
- If you wish to deny the offence or explain why you committed the offence, you must contact Council, in writing or using the online explanation form, within 28 days. You may choose to have the matter heard in Court.
- If your explanation is not accepted you will be sent a letter outlining any further options you may have before the matter is lodged in the Court.
- If the matter isn't settled in some way within 28 days, a reminder notice will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle.
If, after another 28 days, the matter still hasn't been settled, the issuing authority will usually lodge the matter with the Court as an unpaid infringement fee. Additional costs will be added to the original fine.
Pay a parking fine
Parking infringement payments are processed via the i-Park website.
If you do not want to pay your parking infringement online the following payment options remain available.
Pay by credit card over the phone by calling (07) 348 4199.
Pay in person by cash, EFTPOS or credit card at Rotorua Lakes Council, 1061 Haupapa Street, Rotorua. You will need the infringement notice number or let the customer advisor know the registration number of the vehicle. You are still able to pay in person at Council.
Online Banking and Telephone Banking
You will need to provide the bank with the Infringement Notice number or Parking Ticket number. The bank will have all the other required details.
To set up Rotorua Lakes Council for your Bill payment:
- Log on to your internet banking
- Select your Bill Payment function
- Search for Rotorua Lakes Council, as your Bill Payee. You do not need the
- Bank account number.
- Follow the prompts. (Please ensure you enter the Parking Ticket Number in the required field)
If you experience difficulty in paying online contact your bank's customer service number.