- Placed under the vehicle’s windscreen wiper.
- Handed to the driver.
- Posted to the last known registered address.
- If you pay the infringement fee within 28 days of the issue of the notice, Council will not take further action.
- If you wish to deny the offence or explain why you committed the offence, you must contact Council, in writing, within 28 days. You may choose to have the matter heard in Court.
- If your explanation is not accepted you will be sent a letter outlining any further options you may have before the matter is lodged in the Court.
- If the matter isn't settled in some way within 28 days, a reminder notice will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle.
Pay a parking fine
- If your infringement notice looks like the following, then you need to visit the i-Park website to pay or dispute your infringement online:
- Otherwise, if your infringement notice has the below information on it, then you need to pay via our existing online payment option (this method of payment will eventually be phased out):
Online Banking and Telephone Banking
To set up Rotorua Lakes Council for your Bill payment:
- Log on to your internet banking
- Select your Bill Payment function
- Search for Rotorua Lakes Council, as your Bill Payee. You do not need the
- Bank account number.
- Follow the prompts. (Please ensure you enter the Parking Ticket Number in the required field)
If you experience difficulty in paying online contact your bank's customer service number.