Housing for the Elderly
Rotorua Lakes Council provides 152 housing units for the elderly.
These units are located in Ngongotaha, Fenton Park, Glenholme and Westbrook.
A large number of Council's units are bedsits with the remainder being one-bedroom units. Each unit has its own kitchen and bathroom facility and all units are fitted with smoke alarms.
Pensioner Housing Information Brochure (304KB)
To be eligible for consideration for a unit you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand Permanent Residency
- Be 60 years of age or older and reliant on a benefit , or
- Be 55 years and over and reliant on a sickness benefit
- Be retired from full time work
- Have assets of less than $25,000 for a single applicant and $45,000 for a couplethis includes the value of any major asset sold within 5 years of applying
- Have an income of less than $25,000 for a single applicant and $45,000 for a couple.
- Be in need of long-term accommodation
- Capable of living independently
Applying for a Unit
We are currently unable to take any further applications at this time. Applications will open once space on our waiting list becomes available.