What is being monitored?
Anticipated Environmental Result:
- Retained or increased land area in indigenous vegetation.
- To biennially survey, using aerial photography, the indigenous vegetation cover throughout the Lakes A Zone.
Purpose of monitoring
Health of indigenous vegetation in the Lakes A Zone
"The canopy condition at each point was assessed using the following scale:
- Appears healthy (90- 100% green canopy cover);
- Obvious signs of canopy defoliation (1-2 dead trees present);
- Some loss of canopy species evident;
- Appears dead (90-100% loss of canopy cover).
The above scale allowed assessment of forest decline to be made and to assess whether forest is trending to shrub/treeland (i.e. loss of forest health)."