What is being monitored?
Anticipated environmental result:
- Maintained and enhanced quality of indigenous vegetation habitats.
- To carry out five-yearly flora and fauna surveys of 10% of vegetated land in 10 preset locations to determine quality of flora and fauna.
Purpose of monitoring
- Land cover being predominantly indigenous vegetation;
- High ecological significance of species or habitats present (e.g. rarity, size, representativeness);
- Representation of identifiable threats;
- Not currently monitored (at time of choosing sites);
- Relatively accessible.
All monitoring reports on flora and fauna ecological assessment are listed below.
A summary of findings in the report says;
The full report includes individual site summaries. To view the full report click here