What is being monitored?
Anticipated environmental result:
- To avoid intrusion of buildings and structures into the volcanic landforms, particularly the steep slopes and ridgelines.
- To determine by photography the intrusion of buildings and structures into the Lakes A Zone by biennial sample survey of key view points including key ridgelines, riparian margins and volcanic landforms.
Purpose of monitoring
All monitoring reports avavilable on the following link. Click here
Top 3 management opportunities identified include:
- Management of foreground vegetation for maintaining viewshafts
- Re-vegetation of riparian margins
- Enhance areas of indigenous vegetation