Dogs Online is the Rotorua Lakes Council website for dog registrations and for updating dog owner and dog details.
All dogs over three months must be registered, and renewed each year by 30 June.
Dogs Online e-services include:
- Renewing annual dog registrations Registering new dogs
- Advising when dog has died
- Advising when dog is no longer in possession (e.g. lost, stolen)
- Advising change of dog's address or ownership
- Advising change of dog ownership
- Advising changed owner contact or dog details
- Requesting replacement dog tag
Dog registration - ways to pay
You can pay using the Dogs Online service or you can set up a Direct Credit using internet banking.
Renew Dog Registration
When it's time to re-register your dog, we will post out your invoice and you can then renew your annual dog registration online.
To renew your dog registration online you will need to enter two of the following details:
- Dog Owner No. (this is found on your annual renewal invoice)
- Dog Owner Date-of-birth (this is shown on the annual renewal invoice)
- Dog Tag No. (this will be the tag number for each registered dog/s you own)
If you own more than one dog, you can pay their registration fees at one time. Your tag or discs will be posted out to you within 10 working days of receipt of payment.
New Dog Registration
When you register your new dog online with us for the first time we will notify you of your Owner ID number, usually within 24hrs. Once you have this information you will be able to go to Dogs Online and pay for your new dog registration.
Your tag or discs will be posted out to you within 10 working days of receipt of payment.
Change of Dog Owner or Dog Details
It is important for dog ownership details are kept up-to-date on our records.
Dogs Online allows you to update or amend owner and dog details with us at any time.
Requesting replacement dog tag
You are able to request online and pay for a replacement tag (or disc) for your previously registered dog.
Making a payment
Payment of dog fees online is by secure online debit card or credit card payment. After your payment transaction is completed you will be given a reference number. Please note, part payments cannot be accepted. Account-to-account bank transfer payments will be available in the near future.