COVID-19 safety requirements mean our Customer Centre will be operating differently over the next few months. To avoid queues and save time we encourage you to use our online registration services.
If online isn't for you, phone and internet banking is also available. Call us on 07 348 4199 (between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday) and we can give you a hand.
If you want to pay in person, you can. To ensure a smooth visit, have your registration form ready before coming in and please use an EFTPOS/Credit/Debit card instead of cash.
We appreciate your patience and kindness during this time.
How to register online
Go to www.rotorualakescouncil.nz/dogsonline
- Scroll down and click to 'Renew your dog registration now'
- Enter two of the three fields on the right-hand side of the screen (owner ID and owner date of birth).
- You owner number is on your invoice. Call us on 07 348 4199 if you don't have this.
- From the checklist select 'Dog - Registration Renewal'
- Your dog's details will appear at the bottom of the page. Check they are correct.
- Check that the fee shows the correct annual fee.
- Click the 'Renew and pay' button.
- Select either a disc or tag.
- Once your payment has been processed, your disc/tag and receipt will be posted to your address.
- You can also use the online services to update details or register a new dog.
How to use internet banking
- Rotorua Lakes Council should be set up as a bill payee with your bank.
- Log in to your online banking
- Select your Bill Payment function (might also say "pay someone" or "make a payment")
- Select the option to make sure you are searching for a company
- Search for Rotorua Lakes Council (dog registration), as your Bill Payee (you do not need the bank account number.)
- Follow the prompts.
- Enter the following details from your invoice:
- Particulars – dog owner surname and initials
- Code – dog owner id
- Reference – write 'disc' or 'tag' to let us know which option you would like
- If you experience difficulty with your internet banking set-up contact your bank's Customer Service 0800 number:
- Note: For multiple dogs, it is essential that a separate payment is set up for each dog.