Sent: Thursday, 10 August 2017 1:02 p.m.
Subject: TRIM: Information request - Event Fun attractions
I refer to your request for information of 2 August concerning the grant of concession to Event Fun to provide attractions on the Village Green, and reply below in the order of your email.
1. I understand that Event Fun uses about 18 electric blowers to inflate the Mammoth Super Side, about 8 electric blowers to inflate the Obstacle Course, one blower to inflate the Mini Castle and 2 electric blowers to inflate the Surround for the Jeeps. Is it a fact that Event Fun uses about 27 electric blowers to inflate and sustain these attractions?
2. Is it a fact that Event Fun has a contract with Council to provide these attractions?
3. It is a fact that the contract in Rotorua was let while Event Fun was before the Court in Wellington facing charges about contractual non-compliance regarding service delivery?
4. What are the key financial terms of this contract?
5. If not a contracted relationship what is the formal relationship?
6. Is it a fact that the contract costs Event Fun about $300 per annum for the supply of electricity?
7. Is it a fact that Event Fun gets a key to the power box to access electricity?
8. Is Council aware that Event Fun has an income of between $5,000 and $10,000 per day in Summer?
9. How much has the Council paid for electricians to repair electricity supply to contractors on the Village Green in the last year?
10. What is the estimated size of the subsidy funded in the last year by ratepayers to Event Fun to provide its services?
11. What is the justification for the subsidy using ratepayers' funds?
12. What are the key worker and customer safety provisions in the contract/ other formal relationship?
13. How are these safety provisions managed?
14. What are the limits to Council's liability regarding the health and safety of workers and customers?
We are obliged to advise that you may contact the Ombudsman at the address below if you have any concerns with the response provided by Council, by writing to:
The Office of the Ombudsman
PO Box 10 152
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online complaints form available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz/make-a-complaint.