Sent: Monday, 2 October 2017 3:14 p.m
Subject: TRIM: Request for Official Information
I refer to your email of 19 September 2017 requesting information on Council's policy for managing deceased pets found on public property, and reply below as per your questions:
- A copy of the full policy.
- Who is responsible for removing deceased pets?
- Are they photographed?
- Are they scanned for a microchip?
- Are their bodies held by Council?
- Is a register kept of pets that are found?
- How are bodies disposed of?
- Are attempts made to return the body to their family?
We are obliged to advise that you may contact the Ombudsman at the address below if you have any concerns with the response provided by Council, by writing to:
The Office of the Ombudsman
PO Box 10 152
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online complaints form available at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz/make-a-complaint.