Sent: Wednesday, 11 October 2017 4:21 p.m.
Subject: TRIM: Official Information Act request – Noise control infringements
I refer to your email today requesting various information on noise control infringements and response below as per your email.
Number of noise control infringements issued between from 1 January 2015, to 11 October 2017.
A total of 101 infringements were issued over this period broken down as follows:
- 78 for contravention of an excessive noise direction notice
- 22 for contravention of an abatement notice for unreasonable noise
- 1 for failure to provide information to an enforcement officer
In 2017 what street in your district has been issued with the most infringement notices:
- French Place with 2 Infringements issued
In 2016 what street was issued with the most infringement notices:
- Frank Street with 2 infringements issued
We are obliged to advise that you may contact the Ombudsman at the address below if you have any concerns with the response provided by Council, by writing to:
The Office of the Ombudsman
PO Box 10 152
Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online complaints form available at ombudsman.parliament.nz/make-a-complaint.