Heads up: road closures for the Rotorua Marathon
23 September 2020
Locals and visitors will need to pre-plan any trips to avoid road closures around Rotorua this weekend.
The full and mini marathons are going ahead and temporary closures will be in place from 12pm Thursday 24 September to 8pm Saturday 26 September.
Traffic management will also be in place around Lake Rotorua to remind motorists to take care as they move around runners and walkers.
What you need to know:
Rotorua Mini Marathon –Friday 25 September
The Rotorua Mini Marathon will be held at Rotorua Energy Events Centre on Friday 25 September. Children in Years 1 – 8 will be completing a 2km circuit around the Government Gardens.
The Events Centre carpark will be closed from the Museum roundabout. Entry to the Sulphur Point area will be via Hatupatu Drive (behind the Museum and Events Centre).
Rotorua Marathon – Saturday 26 September
Rotorua Energy Events Centre carpark will be available to marathon entrants only. Entrance to the carpark will be via Hatupatu Drive.
Road closures this weekend:
Thursday 24 – Saturday 26 September
- Queens Drive roundabout to Hatupatu Drive – 12pm Thursday 24 September to 8pm Saturday 26 September
Saturday 26 September
- Queens Drive (from Princes Gate to roundabout) – 6am to 8pm
- Arawa Street (from Hinemaru St to Fenton St - lake side only) – 7am to 5.30pm
- Arawa Street (from Fenton St to Ranolf St – lake side only) – 7.30am to 10am
- Fenton Street (from Arawa St to Whakaue St – west side only) – 7.30am to 10am
- Ranolf Street (from Arawa St to Lake Rd – hospital side only) – 7.30am to 10am
- Parks Road (access to Kuirau Park off Ranolf St only) – 7.30am to 10am
- Lake Road (Ranolf St to Railway Rd – lake side only) – 7.30am to 10am
- Hamurana Road (from Unsworth Rd to junction of SH33 at Mourea) – 9am to 1.30pm
Page reviewed: 23 Sep 2020 4:30pm