Official Information Request - Te Ahi Tupua sculpture
Sent: Friday, 22 April 2022 1:32 pm
Subject: LGOIMA request - Te Ahi Tupua sculpture
I refer to your Official Information request of today (21 April) regarding the Te Ahi Tupua sculpture, and respond below as per your request:
- The expected cost of the maintenance of the Te Ahi Tupua sculpture that is planned to begin sometime in the week beginning Monday 18 April 2022 (as indicated on the Rotorua Lakes Council Facebook page). Please break this cost down as much as possible.
There is no cost to Rotorua Lakes Council.
- The full details of the maintenance occurring including what the maintenance involves and why it is necessary.
Paint system failure, requires repainting by Kilwell as per warranty.
- Any correspondence outlining the need for this maintenance and whether or not it was expected to occur at the time the sculpture was built.
Correspondence attached. The issue was noted by Kilwell during annual inspection and wash down.
- Any expected maintenance or upgrades planned for this sculpture within the next 5 years.
Annual wash down and inspection only.
- The total costs of cleaning and maintenance incurred from the sculpture to date.
Repairs to damaged chevrons $2372
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of this decision. The Ombudsman’s Office can be contacted by calling 0800 802 602, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, online at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz, or by post to The Ombudsman, PO Box 10152, Wellington 6143.
Publication of responses to LGOIMA requests
Please note: Our LGOIMA responses may be published on the Rotorua Lakes Council website after they have been responded to, with requesters’ personal details withheld. If you have any concerns about this please contact the Council on email@example.com.