Rotorua CBD Travel Survey opens today
Council are undertaking a survey to gather information on how local people travel to and from the Rotorua Central Business District (CBD), and why they choose one mode of transport over another. Information gathered will inform how improvements can be made to enable people to travel more sustainably for short trips. Survey participants go in the draw to win one of four $200 vouchers for a local business of your choice (Terms and conditions apply, see below).
Why do we want to know?
- To gather information about why people choose one mode of transport over another
- To collect data on how people currently travel, to help measure the success of future transport projects that encourage sustainable journeys (walking, biking, public transport, ride sharing)
- To know what barriers there are for people who wish to travel by foot, bike or bus, so those barriers can be addressed
- To gather feedback from people with physical disabilities or mobility impairments in order to enable greater independence and accessibility
- To gather feedback from people who currently travel to the city by foot, bike or bus. We welcome any thoughts on what improvements or initiatives could be implemented to improve your sustainable travel experience or the experience of others
- Councils support the Governments' Mode Shift plan 'Keeping Cities Moving', that aims to grow the use of public transport, walking and cycling, to improve social, environmental and economic outcomes for Kiwis
How can I take part?
You can complete the survey here
For more information please contact Rachel Doelman on Rachel.Doelman@rotorualc.nz
Terms and conditions
The winners of the $200 vouchers will choose from a list of local businesses including cafes, retail stores and services.
Survey participants may only enter the draw once.