Official Information Request - Parking Revenue
Sent: Monday, 6 December 2021 2:23 pm
Subject: LGOIMA request - parking revenue
I refer to your LGOIMA request of 8 November 2021 regarding parking revenue for the 2020/21 financial year, and respond below as per your email:
- The month-by-month council revenue from parking fees
- The month-by-month council revenue from parking fines
- Any legal costs associated with parking fine enforcement, and the details of those costs (ie what the legal cost was specifically for and why)
Legal fees for this period were $8,050 including and related to a request for a Court Hearing from a customer. The costs included reviewing statement of claim, gathering background documents, reviewing Parking Services Contract regarding delegation/contracting out, advice to Council on next steps, preparing a notice of objection, incidental attendances, correspondence and advice. (Note: The Plaintiff’s claim was subsequently struck out by the Court).
- The total council revenue for the year
Total Council revenue 2020/21 – $142,164,000
- How much of parking revenue went to I-Park (or the value of i-Park's contract with the council for that year, if it is the same)
Council receives all parking revenue. Payments are made to i-Park for providing parking services, technology and back office administration. Payments to i-Park for the 2020/21 financial year totalled $1,561,893 .
You have the right to seek an investigation and review by the Ombudsman of this decision. The Ombudsman’s Office can be contacted by calling 0800 802 602, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, online at www.ombudsman.parliament.nz, or by post to The Ombudsman, PO Box 10152, Wellington 6143.
Publication of responses to LGOIMA requests
Please note: Our LGOIMA responses may be published on the Rotorua Lakes Council website after they have been responded to, with requesters’ personal details withheld. If you have any concerns about this please contact the Council on email@example.com .