7 February 2021
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week. This work is part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
With the majority of work at the Sala Street intersection now complete, motorists should notice less delays on the corridor. Minor delays are still expected, and motorists are advised to plan for delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 7 February
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Hamiora Place – shoulder and/or lane closures (outside of peak travel times) will be in place throughout the week as construction of the three-metre-wide shared path continues on the northern side of Te Ngae Road. Contractors continue working in the flush median outside the new St John Ambulance Station, constructing a signalised area which will allow ambulances to turn right towards the CBD in an emergency.
- State Highway 30, Vaughan Road – a shoulder closure is in place outside Agrowquip, on the slip lane into Vaughan Road, while contractors work on the drainage system.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – The temporary roundabout layout will be shifted to a smaller version overnight on Tuesday 9 February. Contractors will complete the shift between 7pm and 5am. During this time additional traffic management will be in place at the intersection, including some lane closures, as required.
The work is being completed overnight to minimise the disruption to traffic, however delays are expected. If weather or other factors prevent work being completed on February 9, the shift will be postponed to the next appropriate night.
- State Highway 30, Marino Road – Access from Marino Road into the Tarawera Roundabout remains closed until mid-February while contractors complete road reconstruction outside Copeland Lawyers/GJ Gardner. Vehicles can still enter Marino Road from the roundabout during this time. Access out of Marino Road is via Vaughan Road.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – The shared path is open for use, however some sections are incomplete. Please take care when utilising this area.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills to Iles Road – eastbound traffic between Allen Mills and Iles Road are currently utilising the flush median whilst contractors are completing road and footpath construction along this stretch of road. This week will include road surfacing work undertaken in this area.
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed. Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: