10 September 2020
Do you belong to community group or organisation making a difference in our community and need a helping hand?
Rotorua Lakes Council is encouraging not-for-profit community groups to apply for the next round of large Neighbourhood Matching Fund grants.
The purpose of this fund is to bring people together to build stronger communities and neighbourhoods by providing resources for self-help projects, which link to Rotorua 2030 goals.
The priorities for this fund include:
• Bringing people together to collaborate on neighbourhood projects.
• Empowering people to enhance and strengthen their own neighbourhood.
• Contributing to families and whanau working, playing and talking together.
• Renewing and revitalising of places and spaces within neighbourhoods.
• Improving the quality of life in a specific community or neighbourhood.
All projects should be initiated, planned and implemented by people living in the Rotorua district. Every grant is matched by neighbourhood or community resources of volunteer labour, donated materials, donated professional services, or cash.
Large fund applications can be for grants between $5001 to $20,000.
Applications are open until 14 October 2020.
Don’t need that much?
Council also offers small grants of up to $5000 and applications are open all year. If you’re looking for a smaller grant to assist with neighbourhood or community projects. Get in touch or make an application now.
Head to www.rotorualakescouncil.nz/grantsandfunding for more information or to download an application form.
Successful funding applications 2019/2020
- Kaharoa School PTA – Community Beach Volleyball/Petanque Court
- Progress Mamaku Community Hub Inc – Mamaku 125th Celebrations
- Hinemihi Marae – natives planting and landscaping
- Reporoa Community Patrol – vehicle running costs for community patrol
- Tatau Pounamu Collective – Eastside Community Spring Clean
- Ngati Tahu Ngati Whaoa Runanga Trust – Taha Tinana (Health Programme)
- Harvest Apostolic Church Trust – Family Fun Night
- Tunohopu Marae – Waitangi Day celebrations
- BOP (Rotorua) Indian Association Inc – Diwali Festival
- Rotorua BMX Club – Waipa BMX Track
- Rotorua Chinese Community Association – Chinese New Year Celebration
- Ohinemutu Community Garden – Scion Volunteer Day
- Kimiora Community Trust – Fun in the park
- Otumutu (Lake Tarawera) Community Garden – Composting and cover protection for garden beds
- Te Runanga o Ngati Pikiao Trust – Te Taua – Te Arawa Stand Against Methamphetamine
- BOP (Rotorua) Indian Association Inc – Holi Festival
- Hei Matau Paddlers – Hoeaki Mokoia Waka event
- Mamaku School – Mamaku Interactive Plan Areas