19 July 2020
Waka Kotahi - NZ Transport Agency - Traffic bulletin for the week starting Sunday 19 July 2020
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises motorists to plan for delays when travelling along State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road in Rotorua this coming week.
Multiple worksites will be in place along SH30, between Sala Street and Iles Road, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Owhata roundabout maintenance from Tuesday 21 July
From Tuesday 21 July, the city-bound slip lane at the roundabout will be closed between 9am and 4pm for approximately three days, to allow contractors to complete improvements to road markings, and repair a section of road surface and kerb.
There will also be a shoulder closure on the Owhata Road approach to the roundabout for a short time during the works.
The remainder of the roundabout will operate as per normal during the works. Minor delays are expected as a result of closure.
This work is weather dependent and may be delayed until later in the week.
Eastern corridor works for week beginning Sun 19 July
- State Highway 30, Sala Street intersection – work continues at the intersection of SH30/Te Ngae Road and Sala Street. Contractors are creating a service trench in the shoulder/footpath on the eastbound side of the road outside Puarenga Park. Traffic will be down to one lane between Marguerita Street and Puarenga Bridge between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday. Contractors will also be upgrading the traffic signals at this intersection.
- State Highway 30, 216 Te Ngae Road – eastbound traffic on SH30 near the Rotovegas Boxing & Fitness Gym will be down to one lane outside peak hours (7am-9am and 3pm-7pm) on Wednesday 22 July. Contractors are completing a stormwater connection between the central median and the road shoulder. This work is weather-dependant.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Repco at all times while service installation and retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods – minor delays are expected between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while earthworks and watermain works take place outside the Redwoods Park area (between Dixon Road and Puarenga Stream).
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times. Contractors are working to minimise the effects of the works on motorists and VMS boards have been installed along the corridor to display estimated travel times.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the work outside Repco, Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may need to be postponed.
Motorists are reminded to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and, where possible, consider alternative routes.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.