14 July 2020
Work to replace the top of the boat ramp and improve surface levels around the northern jetty at Otaramarae, Lake Rotoiti is due to begin at the end of this month.
Construction will start on Monday 27 July and will take approximately five days, working between each weekend to minimise disruption to users.
Work includes a hardstand at the top of the boat ramp and northern jetty.
While the upgrades take place, the carpark and boat ramp will be closed. Alternative launching facilities will be available at Ohau delta or Ōkawa Bay.
Other lakeside works
In its 2018-2028 Long-term Plan Council is investing more than $2 million in lakes infrastructure enhancements during the 10 year plan period.
Council, with support from the Rotorua Lakes Community Board, recently completed work at the Ohau delta, renewing the carpark area, upgrading drainage and carrying out landscaping and vegetation control.
Other recent lakeside work has included:
- new boat ramp at Tarawera Landing
- improved launching and car parking facilities at Acacia Bay, Lake Okareka
- toilet and changing facilities at Boyes Beach, Lake Okareka
- new boat ramp and parking facilities at Gisborne Point, Lake Rotoiti
- new jetty at Kennedy Bay, Lake Rotoehu
- refurbished toilet facilities and a new playground at Matahi Spit, Lake Rotoma