25 April 2020
Rotorua Lakes Council response – Alert Level 3
As of 11.59pm Monday 27 April, the country will move into Alert Level 3 to continue to fight the spread of COVID-19.
During Level 4, Council’s essential services, such as drinking water, wastewater, rubbish collection, animal control, essential roading and safety repairs, continued to operate with most staff working from home. Council will now begin to deliver Rotorua’s Build Back Better economic recovery plan as well as stand up services and capital expenditure projects that are permitted under Alert Level 3.
Council’s Civil Defence Emergency Management team will continue to support local, regional and national Civil Defence efforts with its operations focussing on recovery and welfare functions.
Key information about Council services during Alert level 3
- Council offices will continue to be closed to the public with services available by phone or email. Call Council on 07 348 4199 or email email@example.com
- Public facilities will remain closed – Rotorua Library, Rotorua Aquatic Centre, Energy Events Centre and iSite
- All playgrounds and sports facilities will remain closed
- Rotorua Landfill will be open with safe operating measures in place
- Recycling facilities will remain closed
- Building and other site inspections will resume with safe operating measures in place
- Some parks and reserves carparks will be open
- Parks and reserves maintenance will resume
More information about Council services during Alert Level 3 is available HERE.
For all national information regarding Alert Level 3 restrictions, including information about your bubble, recreation, education, workers & business, and travel visit covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/.
What is Council doing to help Rotorua recover from COVID-19?
Council has agreed to align Rotorua Lakes Council’s COVID-19 response to the Government’s strategy to “stamp it out, cushion the impact and position for recovery”. The framework for Rotorua's Build Back Better economic recovery plan was approved by Council on Friday 3 April. Read more about that decision HERE.
Where can I find information about COVID-19?
The Ministry of Health is the agency leading the national response to COVID-19.
You can find information about COVID-19 and how to keep yourself and others safe at the Ministry of Health's dedicated website - covid19.govt.nz.
If you would like to speak to someone on the phone about COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Ministry of Health's Healthline team (free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international numbers.
If you are located in the Bay of Plenty region and need help accessing essentials such as food, home care needs, medication or accommodation during Alert Level 3, phone 0800 884 222 for assistance.
For information that is relevant to the Bay of Plenty and Lakes District Health Board areas, visit the BOP Health COVID-19 Response website.