2 March 2020
Crankworx Rotorua 2020 is underway and this year is shaping up to the best yet. The Crankworx Rotorua team have organised TWO locals days for residents to check out the event FREE OF CHARGE.
Check out the information below to make the most of this week's event.
Crankworx is almost here and the team have sorted TWO free locals days on the hill at Skyline Rotorua to see some of the biggest events of the week:
- Wednesday 4 March - Rotorua AirDH presented by Bosch, Official Oceania Whip-off Champs presented by SPANK
- Thursday 5 March - 100% Dual Slalom Rotorua
The Crankworx expo will be buzzing with great MTB deals, delicious snacks and drinks and giveaways galore!
Register online at http://bit.ly/2Tcdw6J and come along to one of the locals days to UNLOCK a wicked deal for the remainder of the week
Make sure to bring along ID and proof of residence for free entry to Crankworx on these days!
Schedule and Updates
Get the most up-to-date festival schedule by downloading the Crankworx World Tour app. Created by local tech company Salt & Tonic, this app will have you in the know for weather issues and scheduling changes. You’ll get a notification directly to your phone the second changes are made. You can download the app for free for Apple and Android devices. For news, updates and photos, check out the Crankworx Rotorua 2020 FB Event Page.
When you get to Skyline, be sure to pick up the official event guide! The team from Spoke Magazine, New Zealand’s number one mountain bike magazine and website, has put together this FREE resource that includes everything from schedule info to interviews with your favourite athletes.
Festival Hours at Skyline Rotorua
March 4-6: Gates open at 10 a.m.
March 7: Gates open at 8 a.m.
March 8: Gates open at 9 a.m.
With thousands of fans converging on Skyline, parking restrictions are in effect. Parking at Skyline itself is closed to the public (attending Crankworx).
With that in mind, Crankworx Rotorua has three convenient parking locations all within a 15-minute walk to Skyline.
- Rowi Street Reserve – this includes extra parking within the Rotohokahoka block for 4WD vehicles only (5 min walk)
- Kawaha Point Reserve (10 min walk)
- Waikite Rugby Club – on Friday and Saturday between 3pm – 5pm overflow parking will be available
Crankworx Rotorua wants to make sure everyone can experience the action and thrills of the world’s largest mountain bike festival. The team is ready to assist anyone with mobility issues getting to and from parking and around the festival site. If you’re interested in heading up to check out the action but concerned about mobility issues fill out the accessibility form and one of the Crankworx Rotorua crew will be in touch.
With so much to do and see from dawn to dusk (and beyond) a little preparation will go a long way to ensuring you and your family and friends have the best experience possible.
- Bring along a reusable water bottle and make the most of the Camelbak refill station
- Sunscreen stations will be onsite but it’s a good idea to bring some for those times when you’ve secured a good spot to watch the events
- Check the weather before you come and prepare accordingly
- There will be a great offering of food vendors on site, but feel free to bring along your favourite snacks – but please keep our volunteer crew in mind! Only pack in what you can pack out.
Please note, for your security there will be bag checks to enter the site. With that in mind, here are a few things NOT to bring:
- Knives of any sort (even if it’s a butter knife)
- Tents or gazebos
- Drones (unless previously approved by Crankworx Rotorua)
- Gas cookers or BBQs (these are not permitted anywhere on-site including parking areas due to the heightened risk of fire during this dry weather)
- No pets are allowed in the venue. Please leave your dogs, cats and parrots safely at home.
Also, please note – Crankworx Rotorua is a smoke and vape free zone! If you need to smoke, you will have to leave the site.
For more information about getting to and from Crankworx and enjoying your time at the festival click HERE
Follow the event page on Facebook HERE