On the agenda - Operations and monitoring committee
4 February 2020
The committee will hear from Infrastructure Group Manager, Stavros Michael, who will give a presentation on the inner city parking system.
Elected members will be asked to receive a report on the financial performance of Council for the six months ending 31 December 2019, a report on the non-financial performance of Council for the six months ending 31 December 2019, and to receive the operational report for July to December 2019 based around hot topics.
Operational hot topics in this agenda include:
- Plan Change 2: Pukehangi Heights (rezoning to enable residential development)
- Hemo Sculpture - The final assembly of the sculpture is in progress with installation now geared for February/March
- Kuirau Park - The new market space carpark opened to the public early December and the Rotary Market will relocate to the new site late February with the official opening planned for March.
- Te Amorangi Unit currently supporting engagement with the Ōhinemutu community. With the Lakefront development likely to increase the number of visitor entering the village, the community has identified a need for adequate footpaths, public geothermal safety, wayfinding (signage etc) to address visitor numbers.
- Housing Programme - Council officers have been working closely with Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (MHUD) to understand the underlying drivers of the lack of housing supply to meet needs in Rotorua. MHUD is undertaking a formal assessment involving analysis of specific features of the Rotorua situation. The result of this will inform the development of a programme of work designed to address the underlying issues, and will engage other central government levers to assist. Te Amorangi Unit are supporting the development of Te Arawa and kaupapa Māori aspects of the strategy.
See the full agenda for the meeting HERE.
Wednesday’s Operations & Monitoring Committee meeting will be held in the Council Chamber of the Haupapa Street Civic Centre. The meeting starts at 9.30am and is open to the public.
The meeting will be livestreamed on Council’s YouTube channel. You can access livestreaming at THIS LINK on Council’s website.
Page reviewed: 04 Feb 2020 9:00am