4 October 2019
By now all enrolled voters should have received their voting packs in the mail. Packs include your voting paper, a candidate information booklet and a return envelope.
If you haven't received yours don't despair - you can cast a 'special vote' by visiting the Rotorua Lakes Council team between now and midday on Saturday 12 October 2019.
When: During the voting period (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday & 8am to 12midday Saturday 12 October)
Where: Rotorua Lakes Council, Civic Centre, 1061 Haupapa Street
A special vote can be made if an elector:
- enrolled as an elector after the printed roll closed (Friday 16 August 2019)
- is on the unpublished (confidential) electoral role
- name is not included on the printed roll or has wrongly been deleted from the roll
- address shown on the printed roll is out of date & they have been living continuously for or month or more at their new residential address
- has spoilt, lost or not received their voting documents
What to know if you've got your papers and want to send in your vote
- Voters must ensure that their forms are in the post with enough time to make it before 12 October 2019 - at least four days prior.
- You can drop your completed papers into either Rotorua Lakes Council or Rotorua Library. There are special boxes with the Vote 2019 branding on them at each location.
- If you aren't enrolled to vote visit www.elections.org.nz or call 0800 36 76 56.
- Voting closes Saturday 12 October 2019 (midday).
Rotorua Lakes Council vote officials will also be out and about next week collecting voting papers. Visit us at one of these sites throughout the week to put your vote in an official voting post box.
Look for the Vote 2019 logo in the PAK'nSAVE car park from Monday 7th October - Friday 11th October, between 8-9:30am - where you can swing by and drop off your vote.