23 December 2018
Rotorua Lakes Council Christmas hours:
The Civic Centre will be closed from midday Friday 21 December to 8am Monday 7 January.
Some core council services such as Animal Control, rubbish and recycling and water repairs will continue on an Afterhours roster throughout the holiday period.
For urgent matters please call council’s 24 hour phone line (07) 348 4199.
Click HERE to view Christmas hours for council and related services.
Rubbish and recycling collections:
There will be NO collections on Christmas day. This means that from 25 December all collection days will move to the following day.
- Monday – collections will happen as normal
- If your normal day is Tuesday – put your bins out on Wednesday
- If you normal day is Wednesday – put your bins out on Thursday
- If your normal day is Thursday – put your bins out on Friday
- If your normal day is Friday – put your bins out on Saturday.
The recycling centre, landfill and transfer stations will be open as per their normal hours except for Christmas day.
Collections return to normal the following week. For all Christmas rubbish details visit www.rotorualakescouncil.nz/christmasrubbish