Rotorua Event Strategy
Destination Management Plan
The Rotorua Destination Management Plan was developed during 2021 in partnership with Te Arawa, Central Government, Rotorua Lakes Council, and members of our local tourism, hospitality and accommodation sectors. It sets out a strategic pathway for sustainable tourism development to ensure Rotorua is a thriving visitor destination for the benefit of the local community.
Climate Action Plan
Council adopted the Rotorua Climate Action Plan in February 2021. Guided by the Zero Carbon Act, it has been developed in partnership with stakeholders and the wider community. The Climate Action Plan is the blueprint for combating climate change in the District.
Sustainable Living Strategy
He Papakāinga, He Hāpori Taurikura - A Strategy for Homes and Thriving Communities
Solid Waste Management
Several documents and frameworks influence how Council manages solid waste. These include:
- the New Zealand Waste Strategy - (Ministry for the Environment website)
- the Environment Waikato Waste Strategy - (Waikato Regional Council website)
- the Environment Bay of Plenty Waste Strategy - (PDF)
- our Waste Management Plan - refer to our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan below
- our Landfill Management Plan - refer to our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan below
- policy, bylaws and legislation