Rotorua Economic Development (RED) is committed to developing and promoting Rotorua as a destination of choice to work, study, visit, invest and live in.
RED is the Economic Development Agency (EDA) and Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) for the Rotorua district and operates as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) with an independent board.
It's key trading activities and brands are: Destination Rotorua, i-SITE, Rotoruanz.com and Famously Rotorua and it also operates as Rotorua's Convention Bureau.
RED's work directly supports the development of Rotorua's economy, unlocking opportunities for commercial investment and providing employment, wealth and wellbeing for the people who live here. The CCO works in partnership with iwi, private sector business, local government, community organisations and central government to support their growth aspirations and enhance Rotorua's identity and reputation.
Its work helps to:
- lift economic performance across the Rotorua district, with a particular focus on tourism, forestry and wood processing, natural hot springs and wellness, film/TV, alternative land use opportunities, and Te Arawa investments
- attract, retain and grow investment, talent and business across the district
- ensure the impact of change achieves a balance between social, environmental, economic and wellness benefits for the people of Rotorua
- create unforgettable memories for visitors, including business event delegates
- support RLC's partnership with Te Arawa to help them realise their aspirations
RED does this by focusing on five key priorities:
- Destination development
- Business growth and investment attraction
- Skills, education and talent
- Sustainable business practices
- Growing the visitor economy
RED is led by Chief Executive Michelle Templer, and governed by an independent board of directors:
- Mr Peter Stubbs (Chairman)
- Mr Chris Auld (Director)
- Ms Mere George (Director)
- Mr Andy Higgs (Director)
- Mr James Fitzgerald (Director)
Read RED's latest Annual Report
Visit rotoruanz.com for more information