Coronavirus (COVID-19) Key Links and Information


Alert Level Status: 

Rotorua is currently at Alert Level 2.  

From 6am on Sunday 28 February Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand will move to Alert Level 2 for a period of seven days.

Rotorua Lakes Council customers are encouraged to access council services online as much as possible and phone or email the Customer Centre with enquiries (07 348 4199 or

People should continue to reduce the risk of COVID-19 by:

  1. Keeping track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen. This is critical information for effective contact tracing.  The NZ COVID Tracer app is an easy way of doing this.
  2. Physical distancing. 
  3. Regularly washing your hands and disinfecting hard surfaces.
  4. Staying at home if you are feeling unwell.​

More information about Council services during alert levels:

​It is strongly encouraged to download and use the NZ COVID Tracer app to assist with contact tracing if required.

Find official information from the Government at

Council news updates​​

Page reviewed: 28 Feb 2021 9:08am