Coronavirus (COVID-19) Key Links and Information
Alert Level Status:
Following community transmission of COVID-19, New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 2.
Rotorua Lakes Council customers are encouraged to access council services online as much as possible and phone or email the Customer Centre with enquiries (07 348 4199 or email@example.com).
People should continue to reduce the risk of COVID-19 by:
- Keeping track of where you've been and who you've seen. This is critical information for effective contact tracing. The NZ COVID Tracer app is an easy way of doing this.
- Physical distancing.
- Regularly washing your hands and disinfecting hard surfaces.
- Staying at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Wear a mask when in public.
More information about Council services during alert levels:
- For information about Council services during COVID-19 Alert Level 1 click here
- For information about Council services during COVID-19 Alert Level 2 click here
- For information about Council services during COVID-19 Alert Level 3 click here
- For information about Council services during COVID-19 Alert Level 4 click here
It is strongly encouraged to download and use the NZ COVID Tracer app to assist with contact tracing if required.
Find official information from the Government at covid19.govt.nz
Council news updates
- 6 September 2021 - Moving to Alert Level 2, 11.59PM Tuesday 7 September
- 31 August 2021 - Moving to Alert Level 3, 11.59PM Tuesday 31 August
- 23 August 2021 - Today’s Alert Level announcement - Rotorua remains in Alert Level 4
- 18 August 2021 - Reminder about Council services in Alert Level 4
- 17 August 2021 - Rotorua Lakes Council services in Alert Level 4
- 21 September 2020 - Rotorua to move to Alert Level 1
- 24 August 2020 - Rotorua to remain in Alert Level 2 until at least 6 September
- 14 August 2020 - COVID-19 update - Rotorua remains in Alert Level 2
- 12 August 2020 - COVID-19 update - Rotorua is currently in Alert Level 2
- 31 May 2020 - Council's Alert Level 2 advisors help businesses operate safely
- 29 May 2020 - Level 2 gatherings can increase from 10 people to 100 people from midday today
- 28 May 2020 - Hot steamed pudding baked for those in emergency accommodation
- 19 May 2020 - Draft plan approved for community consultation
- 18 May 2020 - RLC customer can use Sine Pro app for contact tracing
- 15 May 2020 - Rubbish and recycling in Alert Level 2
- 13 May 2020 - Council services at Alert Level 2
- 12 May 2020 - 0% general rates rise proposed
- 11 May 2020 - Council working to assess operations in Alert Level 2
- 8 May 2020 - Keeping the Customer Centre 'open' in lockdown
- 6 May 2020 - Parking improvements to be rolled out in Alert Level 2
- 1 May 2020 - Use of parks and reserves in Alert Level 3
- 30 April 2020 - Council decisions around 2020/21 annual plan and 'shovel-ready' projects
- 30 April 2020 - How Council is supporting local
- 26 April 2020 - Supporting the community - a key focus for Council's EOC
- 25 April 2020 - Rotorua Lakes Council response - Alert Level 3
- 24 April 2020 - Seven shovel-ready projects submitted to Government
- 24 April 2020 - Annual Plan Forum
- 22 April 2020 - Phishing alert email
- 20 April 2020 - Plans underway to operate safely under Alert Level 3
- 17 April 2020 - Statement from the Mayor
- 16 April 2020 - Rotorua Mayor reinforces the need to remain vigilant
- 11 April 2020 - Keep your exercise safe and local
- 9 April 2020 - Good Friday waste collection + reminders to safe home, stay safe this long weekend
- 8 April 2020 - Owners urged to make sure their dogs are secure on their properties
- 7 April 2020 - What's happening in our EOC
- 6 April 2020 - Rotorua Economic Recovery Plan - Build Back Better
- 3 April 2020 - From the meeting - Rotorua Economic Recovery Plan approved
- 30 March 2020 - Playgrounds closed and recycling during Alert Level 4
- 28 March 2020 - Reminder for dog owners
- 25 March 2020 - Council to develop assistance packages
- 24 March 2020 - UPDATED: What Council services are available during Alert Level 4
- 23 March 2020 - Message from Rotorua Mayor - Do the right thing to stamp out COVID-19
- 23 March 2020 - UPDATED: Council response to COVID-19
- 18 March 2020 - Rotorua Lakes Council response to COVID-19
- 16 March 2020 - Council markets suspended following Government directive