What service is Sustainability Options providing to Rotorua residents?
- Sustainability Options will visit your home and provide you with free independent advice that helps make your home healthier, warmer, drier and cheaper to run
- The service is available for tenants, home owners and landlords
- It’s suitable for all homes; old, renovated, new and soon to be built
For a free assessment click here.
What do we do?
- Sharing knowledge about how to create healthy homes in a way that is focussed on sustainability. We talk to anyone including tenants, homeowners, builders, architects, property developers, rental agencies, councils, health related agencies, and at public forums
- We have assessed more than well over 2000 homes of all types in Bay of Plenty and have given advice about how to make them warmer, drier, healthier and cheaper to heat
- We are an active member of Healthy Whare community initiative and have provided free counsel, advice and support to both the community and to homeowners and tenants for the past three years
- We regularly run DIY and home performance workshops in partnerships with many local Rotorua agencies.
- We can also refer householders to the minor repairs and maintenance (R&M) programme 20 Degrees, this provides support and guidance to homeowners for R&M opportunities
- We have set up and run Tauranga-based resource banks with support from sponsors:
- Curtains to insulate homes of families in need
- Heaters for homes without heating
- Blankets for families with young children during the winter months