Creative Communities Scheme
Creative Communities Rotorua is a partnership between Creative New Zealand and Rotorua Lakes Council. The scheme's main focus is to stimulate and provide support to arts and culture projects which:
- encourage community involvement;
- support the diversity and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity; or
- enable and encourage young people (less than 18 yrs.) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
The first round for 2022/2023 opens 1 August 2022 and closes 26 September 2022, for creative arts projects that commence on or after 1 November 2022. The second round for 2022/2023 opens 1 February 2023 and closes 6 March 2023 for projects that commence on or after 1 April 2023.
If you would like some more information about the scheme and how to apply, or to discuss your particular project please look out for a free drop-in support session which will be held at Rotorua Library in February 2023.
Rotorua Creative Communities Scheme - Drop-in Support Session (to be updated)
For further information or assistance with completing applications, contact Julie Parsons, Creative Communities Lead via email at email@example.com or phone 07 351 7823
Applications and Completion Reports:
- Rotorua Lakes Council Customer Centre, 1061 Haupapa Street, Rotorua
- Rotorua Arts Village Experience, 1240 Hinemaru Street, Rotorua
- Or download from these links:
- Application guide (PDF)
- Creative Communities Scheme Application Form (PDF)
- Creative Communities Scheme Application Form (Word)
- Creative Communities Scheme Online Application Form
- Creative Communities Scheme - Completion Report (PDF)
- Creative Communities Scheme - Completion Report (Word)
***NOTE for the word document: If a window security comes up just click cancel.
To save a copy of the document, click enable editing and click file then save as.
Completed applications should be sent to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; enclosing any other relevant attachments(e.g. financial accounts, letters of support), or
- Julie Parsons, Creative Communities Scheme, Rotorua Lakes Council, Private Bag 3029, Rotorua 3046
Creative Communities NZ Rotorua Scheme applicant guidelines are available in the following languages:
- Chinese Traditional
- Cook Island Maori
Creative Communities Rotorua Assessment Committee
The committee membership term is three years with the possibility of serving a second 3yr term. As members are not elected in the same year, the committee always retains some experience.
The current committee is made up of community representatives: Harry Chhagan, Jo-Anne La Grouw, Karisma Vala, Alison Perrin and Tara Prieto with Council representative Trevor Maxwell and Te Tatau o Te Arawa representative Kahutapeka Ututaonga completing the committee.
Please contact Julie Parsons, Creative Communities Lead at email@example.com or phone 07 351 7823.
Information about the Creative Communities Scheme is available at the Creative NZ website.