The objectives of this funding:
- Supporting community organisations' activities and services which contribute towards the achievement of 2030 goals
- Focussing on investment which improves equitable outcomes for our community
- Strengthening the ability of local community groups to respond effectively to local needs
- Building and strengthening the capacity of c ommunity groups and organisations to move to financial sustainability
- Building participation and a sense of belonging
- Increasing community access to opportunities and resources
- Complementing funding from other sources
Community grants provide for flexibility of use, three years financial certainty and simple accountability for small to medium-sized community organisations. Applications for community grants are available once every three years. The dollar value of each grant will be determined on a case-by-case basis, subject to the content of applications, the total funds available and alignment with the fund's priorities. Community grants range between $1000 to $5000 per annum, for the three-year period 2018–2021.
The Rotorua Lakes Council Community Grants are managed and administered by the Geyser Community Foundation.
These high-trust agreements are developed with established community organisations demonstrating good governance which are recognised as significantly contributing to Rotorua 2030 goals and addressing inequity. Partnership agreements provide flexibility of use, three years of financial certainty and practical accountability. Agreements will support core organisation functions and key outcomes. This will be reflected in simplified reporting met by standard organisation documents. Agreements may include financial grants over $5000, as well as other forms of support.
The dollar value of each grant will be determined by Council committee, subject to the funds available and content of applications. Partnership Agreements are for the three-year period 2018–2021.
Neighbourhood Matching Fund - on hold
|25 August||14 October|
|1 February||21 March|
- Download an application form, complete the application, save as an attachment, and return the completed attachment to email@example.com enclosing any other relevant attachments. (e.g. financials, letters of support)
- Download the application form, print it out, complete the relevant sections and mail with any supporting documentation to Rosemary Viskovic at Rotorua Lakes Council, Private Bag 3029, Rotorua Mail Centre, Rotorua, or
- Collect an application form from Rotorua Lakes Council Customer Centre or Rotorua District Library.
Neighbourhood Matching Fund (NMF) Funding Request Form
Neighbourhood Matching Fund (NMF) Guidelines for Applicants
Note: Click here for an example of a completed Neighbourhood Matching Fund application