Te Arawa Partnership Board Provisional Election Results
The Te Arawa Partnership working party are pleased to announce the outcomes of the partnership board elections. Firstly we want to thank all candidates for putting their hands up to represent our iwi and a mihi to all 2,839 Te Arawa uri who cast a vote. The successful candidates (in order of votes received) are as follows:
Te Arawa Partnership Model
Extraordinary Council meeting Te Arawa Partnership Model (26 May 2015)
After 12 months of research and iwi consultation the Te Arawa Partnership Model working group presented their model to Council on 18 December 2014.
The Te Arawa Partnership Model working group was:
Te Arawa Partnerships Model (PDF 400KB)
Summary - the proposed Te Arawa Partnership Model:
- the establishment on an independent Te Arawa Board sitting outside of the council, to represent iwi interests, with board members elected by the Te Arawa community;
- the Te Arawa Board to forward nominations for appointment to certain council committees, RMA consent hearing panels and strategic working groups. Nominations to be considered and appointments made, solely by publicly elected members on the full council; and
- voting rights for appointed representatives on two of the committees – ie Strategy, Policy & Finance Committee, and Operations & Monitoring Committee. [Note: committee decisions can be overturned by publicly elected members on the full council.
Council considered the proposed model along with three alternative options: Status Quo; Modified Model; and No Formal Partnership and resolved to support the model “in principle” subject to a Special Consultative Procedure (SCP).
A Statement of Proposal – Proposed Te Arawa Partnership Model has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the SCP process under the Local Government Act 2002.
Statement of Proposal (PDF 445KB)
The statement includes greater information on:
- the proposed model and the reasons for the proposal;
- key considerations (pros and cons) of other practicable options; and
- a description of the consultation and submission process, including the period within which views on the proposal may be provided.
For a copy of the Statement of Proposal including a feedback form please visit the homepage of the Council website rdc.govt.nz; or pick up a copy from City Focus; Rotorua District Library or the Customer Centre at Rotorua Lakes Council, 1061 Haupapa Street. Copies will also be made available at a number of local community centres and marae.
(See Hearing Schedules on right-hand-side of page)
Listen to the daily hearings
Submissions/Feedback has now closed.