About this Portfolio
The People Portfolio encompasses a wide range of issues which recognise the diversity and value of Rotorua's people, and workstreams which contribute towards strengthening our communities. The portfolio themes therefore cross all areas of Council. The principles of this portfolio are:
- Democratic participation and connection
respecting and celebrating diversity and culture
- Bicultural partnership with
- Our children our future- people of all ages
- A community that is safe
- A thriving community that is economically secure
Other work completed or underway includes the following:
- Te Tatau o Te Arawa Board formed to establish an enduring partnership and meet council's statutory obligation.
- Community grants worth $50,000 per annum distributed to 38 recipient community organisations for the next three years.
- Your Choice: 2016 Election Review underway to determine the future look of council,
final decision pending.
Portfolio Lead Councillor -
Cr Raukawa Tait, assisted by Shirley Trumper (Rural Community Board), Phill Thomass (Lakes Community Board) and Kingi Biddle (Te Tatau o Te Arawa)
Council contact person
Kaihautū Rautaki - Strategic Development Manager
P: 07 351 8303