Alcohol Licensing Application Notices
Visit this page
for a list of the latest alcohol licensing application notices.
- you have the correct licence for the type of premises (on, off or club) and;
- at least one person is a Certified Manager under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
Applying for your Liquor Licence
- Ask us to send, or, come in to the Council to get an application pack.
- Apply for resource consent:
Complete the requirements as listed in your application pack:
- If the premises you intend using for the sale of liquor is a new premises or one which has not been used for the sale of liquor before, you need to apply to Council’s Planning Services Department for a resource consent.
- If the proposed premises is currently being used for the sale of liquor and you do not propose to change the hours during which liquor is to be sold, you need to apply to Council’s Planning Services Department for a planning certificate.
- If you propose to change the hours during which liquor is intended to be sold, you need to apply to Council’s Planning Services Department for a resource consent.
- If the proposed premise is not currently being used for the sale of liquor, or you propose to make changes to it, you may need a Building Code Certificate. You should check with Council’s Building Control Department.
Lodge your application with the District Licencing Committee
your details (company, partnership etc)
a scale plan that shows the parts of the premises you want licenced, the parts of the premises you want supervised, restricted or undesignated, (refer explanations for designations) and the principal entrance(s)
a written statement from the owner giving you permission to be on the premises and to sell or supply liquor
a street or area map showing the location of the premises
a photograph of the premises or an artist’s impression of what it will look like when completed
a sample menu (not required for off-license applications)
a copy of your host responsibility policy (not required for off-licence applications)
Filing dates for Special Licences from December 2016 to February 2017
The days between 20 December 2016 and 15 January 2017 (inclusive) are not counted as working days under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act.
If your event is between 20 December 2016 and 16 January 2017, you will need to apply by 21 November 2016.
The timeframes to apply for your Special Licence are:
|17 January||22 November|
|18 January||23 November|
|19 January||24 November|
|20, 21, 22 January||25 November|
|23 January||28 November|
|24 January||29 November|
|25 January||30 November|
|26 January||1 December|
|27, 28, 29 January||2 December|
|30 January||5 December|
|31 January||6 December|
|1 February||7 December|
|2 February||8 December|
|3, 4, 5 February||9 December|
|6 February||12 December|
|7, 8 February||13 December|
|9 February||14 December|
|10 February||15 December|
|11, 12, 13 February||16 December|
|14 February||19 December|
|15 February||16 January|
|16 February||17 January|
|17 February||18 January|
|18, 19 February||19 January|
Types of Liquor Licence/Forms