Matariki 2017 - Event Guide
DHL NZ Lions Tour 2017
On 3 June the 12th offiical tour of the British and Irish Lions starts. The team will play 10 games across the country including three test matches against the All Blacks.
The fifth game of the series will be played here in Rotorua on 17 June against the Maori All Blacks in what is being called the unofficial fourh test match of the series.
Go to www.rotoruanz.com/dhlnzlionstour2017 for all information and events during the week of Rotorua's game.
Free art sessions for the Matariki 'All Stars' Pararde
As part of the Matariki 'All Stars' parade council together with the Lumieres Society is hosting a series of FREE art sessions to get everyone involved.
All of the art sessions are free of charge and the materials are supplied - all you need to do is come along and have some fun.
Click here for a full timetable of sessions on the Matariki 'All Stars' Parade Facebook page.
Register for the workshops by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning Creative Director Ally Rogers on 027 921 8652.
Rotoruanz.com is Rotorua Lakes Council's dedicated events website, that provides you with all the information on the great events happening in the Rotorua region.
It is free to list your event on Rotoruanz. Simply register at Rotoruanz eventfinda.
Tips for a successful event listings:
- Provide a vibrant eye catching image for your event (jpeg format). If you do not provide an image a generic image will be added to your listing
- Provide as much information as possible – time the event starts, ticket pricing, parking information
- Provide a website for further information (if suitable)
- Ensure you select the right category for your event
Visit the rotoruanz.com website here.
Inner City Event Poster Stations
To promote events there are five poster station locations set up around the inner city:
• Diane Dairy – Corner Arawa Street and Tutanekai Street
• Lucky Lotto Shop – Corner of Haupapa and Tutanekai Street
• Public Toilets – Pukuatua Street
• Laneway Entrance – Hinemoa Street
• Laneway Exit – Eruera Street
This facility is for events only. To display your event here, please drop your posters into the Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre. Please provide posters in A3 and A4 size and portrait and landscape if possible.